Job #1828: Assistant Controller - New York (11/7/2022)
Job TitleAssistant Controller
Overview: Seeking an Assistant Controller with strong analytical capabilities. We are one of the world's most exclusive fine jewelry houses, based (and manufactured) in New York. 5+ years of work experience are required.
Company Overview: Founded in New York City in 1948, this is an iconic, luxury design House whose namesake founder redefined high jewelry. Known for creating exquisitely crafted, bold and unique jewelry, is widely considered one of the most influential designers of the 20th century.
Today, each creation is imbued with artisanal excellence and handwork, while drawing inspiration from a vast archive of over 40,000 original renderings, records, and design ideas. Form is essential in all this iconic companies’ jewels, and bold color, hand-hammered gold, intricate enamel work, and whimsical animal pieces continue to be prominently featured in the company’s collections.
We are headquartered in an historic Neo-Classical building on Madison Avenue in New York’s Upper East Side. 25 long-tenured master jewelers continue many of their own traditions, hand-crafting each piece in a workshop directly above the Company’s flagship boutique. In addition to its New York City flagship, they have a boutique at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA and is sold through an exclusive network of department and specialty stores nationwide.
Position Overview: Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role is a critical part of the infrastructure of this growing brand. Responsibilities include:
- Manage timely monthly, quarterly close, budget vs actual analyses
- Manage A/P, A/R, journal entries including intercompany entries.
- General accounting and inventory Reconciliation
- Ensure timely reconciliation of all bank accounts and credit card accounts, A/P, cash disbursements, inventory reconciliation, general journal entries, and sales analysis
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly Financial Statements
- Work with external auditors on year-end financial close, Federal and State tax returns
- Reconcile data, manage monthly sales, and use tax returns (Avalara)
- Maintain good relationships with outside vendors/customers/partners
- Assist in managing payroll and core HR functions
- Reporting to CFO
- Accountant reporting in
- Looking for someone with retail and supply chain experience
- Jewelry experience a plus (Fashion or similar areas are ok)
- Was family-owned – still that atmosphere
- Sells to Barney’s, Neiman, Farfetch, specialty, etc.
- 50 person company
- Hours 9-5:30PM
- 5 days a week in office
- Vaccination required
- Founded in 1948
- HQ and store in NYC Upper East Side (have local workshop here)
- Store in Beverly Hills
- Health, Dental, Vision w/ contribution
- Reporting to CFO
- 3 person team – CFO, Controller, this role
- Working on Microsoft Dynamics Navision
- Looking for someone who is diligent, dedicated, humble, discrete, yet willing to make a difference.
Interested members should e-mail resume to Jed Victor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1828 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.