Job #1919: Financial Controller - Remote (2/5/2024)
REMOTE or in our Dallas Hub
$150,000 - $200,000
INSHUR is the fastest-growing global provider of insurance for the on-demand economy, making coverage fair and accessible for drivers.
Cutting edge technology underpins our revolutionary offering for on demand drivers, keeping premiums affordable and delivering results for partners. With a focus on embedded insurance solutions, and complementary technology integrations for digital platform providers such as Uber and Amazon, we’ve been helping drivers stay on the road since 2016 through our data, technology and in-house expertise.
We completed our B1 funding as well as the acquisition of American Business Insurance in 2023. We have exciting plans to continue growing our portfolio and product lines and expand to new territories in the future.
As a global team of around 200 people based across the US, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of our teammates and the people around us
And… Enjoying the ride!
What you'll do
As our Financial Controller you will be responsible for managing all accounting operations and preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP. Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
We don’t have a checklist of skills, we consider aptitude and passion alongside skills qualifications.
That said, below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- 10 years plus of overall combined accounting experience
- Accounting Degree
- CPA preferred
- Manage external audit process
- Lead all aspects of accounting and financial reporting and the monthly close process with full responsibility for timeliness and accuracy
- Design, implement and maintain effective internal controls
- Identify and remediate internal control weaknesses
- Direct responsibility for accounting for complex accounting and disclosure areas, such as consolidation, revenue recognition, reserves, accruals, and other disclosures
- Research and analyze technical accounting issues as they develop.
- Able to supervise a team within the accounting group.
- Lead the preparation of accurate and high-quality financial reports in compliance with US GAAP, bank reporting, and management reporting and analysis.
- Experience integrating acquired companies into existing accounting practices
- Insurance industry knowledge and startup company experience preferred
Your colleagues say you:
- Have the ability to be hands-on as well as delegate, train, and develop a team.
- Strong communicator and collaborate well with others
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented, able to manage multiple concurrent priorities and objectives
- Enjoy building processes to automate accounting operations
What we offer
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
Our budget for this role is $150,000 - $200,000 with a discretionary bonus and we will take into account your previous experience and location of work when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we've built a benefits package that invests in our employees’ long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 25 days PTO (+ 5 days after 5 years) and 5 days sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Basic Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- 401k match
- Up to 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Annual training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly flexible well-being allowance to help you remain healthy and productive
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability, or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share, or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resume and cover letter to Lindsey Smith at email@example.com .
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1919 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.