Job #1922: Plant Controller - VA (2/8/2024)
South Chesterfield, VA
Rice Industries is a growing and dynamic company focused on transformative themes, including bio-based and recyclable polymers, 3D printing, and battery technology, amongst others and is in need of a Plant Controller. The role will report to our Chief Financial Officer while supporting the President of Operations.
The Plant Controller will be a key contributor in the finance organization dedicated to financial integrity and focused on supporting our growth strategy. The Plant Controller will be responsible for all accounting operations and financial reporting activities including but not limited to issuing financials (internal management financials) as part of the monthly close process, budgeting, forecasting, and serving as point-person for interactions with independent auditing firms, tax preparers, and valuation firms. Specifically, the Plant Controller will ensure that the financial organization delivers accurate, complete and timely financials in accordance with GAAP, and ensuring all significant estimates and judgments have been fully document. In addition, the Controller will interact with key stakeholders including key customers, Rice Industries senior leadership including the CFO.
Controller Job Duties:
- Prepare timely, accurate monthly financial reports for the management team.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Establish and routinely analyze costs of inventory.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Maintain supporting documentation for all balance sheet accounts.
- Routinely review and communicate job and product costing. Work hand in hand with sales leadership on job costings when required.
- Work with leadership to prepare presentations for the board; including site performance, forecast, KPIs, and other analysis as needed.
- Serve as point for manufacturing facility’s yearly audits.
- Implement accounting policies in compliance with US GAAP.
- Develop and oversee business process and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls.
- Manage fixed asset accounting.
- Collaborate with CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate departments financial needs.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Organized – Priorities and plans work activities and ability to use time efficiently.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work with a diverse group of people.
Plant Controller Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree required from an accredited university in accounting.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Highly motivated individual with initiative, positive attitude, independence, and adaptability.
- 5-7 Years experience with some experience in an accounting leadership role.
- CPA certification with public experience required. Successful candidate must have demonstrated expertise in US GAAP, FASB standards.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently; ideal candidate demonstrates positive career progression and desire to learn and grow.
- Computer Savvy. Proficiency in Microsoft office required, especially Excel. Knowledge of accounting/finance and ERP systems a must; experience with Microsoft Dynamics highly desired
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resume and cover letter to Lisa Stoldt at LStoldt@rice-industries.com .
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1922 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.