Job #1910: VP Accounting and Finance - NY (11/10/2023)
VP Accounting and Finance
A third-generation New York family owned and managed business that has successfully developed and managed residential and commercial properties in Manhattan and Brooklyn for over sixty years. Our portfolio encompasses over 7,000 residential units and includes more than 1000 affordable housing units. We are seeking a Vice President of Finance and Accounting to support our financial operations and contribute to our continued growth and success.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a family-owned business with a strong commitment to its employees and the communities it serves. The Vice President of Finance and Accounting will be a key driver in continuing the financial success and continued future growth of the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a dedicated financial professional looking to contribute your expertise to a thriving real estate business, we invite you to submit your application.
The Vice President of Finance and Accounting will play a critical role in the financial management of our family-owned real estate business. This position requires a highly skilled and experienced financial professional to oversee and optimize the financial and accounting functions of the company.
Below responsibilities encompass; retail & commercial tenants, residential properties (including coops/condos), and the family office.
- Retail/commercial lease review and abstract preparation.
- Review and approval of brokerage commissions.
Accounting and Reporting:
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Prepare and present financial reports to the co-op/condo board, executive team, and stakeholders.
- Complete annual budgeting process and monitor budget variances.
Cash Flow Management:
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and oversee the preparation of tax returns/filings/audits.
- Stay updated on changes in tax laws and recommend strategies to minimize tax liabilities.
- Collaborate with the executive team to provide financial insights and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; a CPA or MBA is a plus.
- 5-10 years' experience in a senior finance and accounting role within the real estate or property management industry.
- Strong knowledge of financial principles, accounting standards, and tax regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools (i.e. Yardi, BJ Murray or similar).
- Familiarity with real estate financial operations and investment analysis is highly desirable.
- Location: NY office
- Dates: Start date targeting Q1 2024
- Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis