Job #1915: Corporate Controller-Fully Remote (1/2/2024)
About NIP Group & this Position
NIP Group is a market-leading specialty insurance program manager that designs unique commercial insurance solutions and risk services for over 25 niche industries. Working with over 5,500 broker partners we help clients gain control over their costs, secure customized coverage and create safer work environments.
As the Corporate Controller you will assume a pivotal role in directing the financial reporting, control, and treasury functions of NIP Group and will hold ultimate accountability for each of its legal entities. This role’s oversight of accounting controls is instrumental in steering our financial operations, ensuring unwavering compliance, and fostering continuous improvement practices.
About this Role & What you will do
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to the Divisional Controllers in each Specialty and Structured Programs, ensuring accurate financial reporting and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Spearhead a comprehensive accounting controls framework that guarantees the integrity, accuracy, and security of financial data across the organization.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with appropriate accounting principles, industry regulations, and corporate policies across all divisions.
- Develop and implement treasury strategies that optimize liquidity management, investment strategies, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with financial institutions, overseeing banking activities, cash management, and debt financing.
- Ensure accurate and corporate tax reporting and filings through oversight and collaboration with tax professionals
- Oversee completion of annual financial audits in conjunction with Divisional Controllers, ensuring transparency, accuracy, and adherence to relevant accounting frameworks.
- Foster a culture of innovation, guiding the team to identify and adopt best practices in accounting controls.
- Utilize your exceptional leadership abilities to mentor and guide a high-performing team of finance professionals, including Divisional Controllers.
- Provide the executive team with financial insights, impactful reporting, and detailed analysis to facilitate strategic decision-making.
- Collaborate closely with Divisional Controllers to ensure dynamic, precise, and timely financial reporting within their respective domains.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; CPA or equivalent is a significant advantage.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in public accounting, preferably auditing insurance entities.
- Subsequent experience working in a carrier environment, with a clear progression of responsibilities.
- Mastery of accounting principles, financial regulations, and a deep understanding of comprehensive accounting controls.
- Proven ability to steer Divisional Controllers or extensive financial teams, coupled with a history of cultivating talent and driving strategic leadership.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities, including a proven track record of making decisive, data-driven decisions.
- Outstanding communication oversight and presentation skills, enabling you to convey intricate financial concepts effectively to non-financial stakeholders.
- Distinguished track record of fostering process innovation, operational efficiency, and the successful implementation of transformative accounting controls.
- Technologically adept, with fluency in contemporary financial software and systems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.