Job #1918: Manager of Reporting and Technical Accounting - New Windsor, NY (1/30/2024)
Manager, Reporting and Technical Accounting
New Windsor, NY-- may be hybrid
Production Resource Group is looking for a Manager of Reporting and Technical Accounting.
The Manager, Reporting and Technical Accounting will be part of a team that is responsible for the preparation of reliable, accurate and timely financial statements that are submitted to senior management, equity holders and outside lenders. This will include adherence to all current technical accounting pronouncements as well as research and implementation of any new technical (GAAP) accounting standards.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial statements and management reporting. Provide financial support, analytics and write-up of the company’s monthly, quarterly and annual filings, including Management’s Discussion & Analysis (MD&A).
- Responsible for the adoption of new accounting pronouncements on a timely basis
- Administration over the company’s financial policies manual, which would include initiating and authoring new policies that are critical to the accounting and finance function
- Support and design appropriate and sufficient internal controls over the financial reporting process
- Ensure financial account balance reconciliations are prepared by corporate accounting timely and accurately.
- Coordinate with Information Technology group regarding interface and reconciliation between general ledger and sub-ledgers for various financial accounts
- Work with and support the company’s Director of Tax with reconciling management accounting to tax accounting.
- Assist both foreign and domestic location accounting staff with accounting related inquires
- Maintain documentation of current corporate accounting procedures
- Other responsibilities and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience. MBA and/or CPA preferred but not required.
- Minimum 7-10 year experience in corporate accounting department, preferably in a large international corporation, as well as public accounting experience.
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial statement reporting requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly strong skills in using Excel, as well as extensive experience in using financial reporting software tools.
- Extensive knowledge of current consolidation accounting standards, processes and software.