Job #1908: CFO/COO - DC (10/25/2023)
The Brydon Group is a private equity firm that partners with outstanding mid-career executives to acquire business-to-business (B2B), business-to-government (B2G), and healthcare software and services businesses. Brydon’s three founding partners have had multiple successful exits in software, multi-decade experience in large cap private equity (Blackstone, Carlyle) and bulge bracket banking (Goldman, JP Morgan), and extensive public service backgrounds. We closed our $100mm Fund I in February 2023 and have made five acquisitions in 2023. As the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Chief Operations Officer (COO) at The Brydon Group, you will be a key member of the executive team and will play a pivotal role in driving the financial function and overall operations of the firm.
Financial Strategy and Planning:
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning processes
- Prepare in-depth financial reports for the executive team and investors
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of portfolio companies
- Oversee fund accounting, capital calls, distributions, and investor reporting
- Manage firm expenses and vendor contracts
- Optimize cash flow and liquidity across the firm and portfolio companies
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Maintain robust internal controls and risk management processes
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and reporting standards
Talent & Human Resources:
- Build and lead a high-performing finance and operations team
- Manage HR function including payroll, 401k & benefits
- Support the recruitment of annual CEO-in-Residence program, portfolio company CXOs, & execution of annual training and retreats
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- CPA qualification required
- 5+ years of experience with a leading accounting firm, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work both independently and as key member of Brydon executive leadership team
- Outstanding organization, decision making and problem-solving skills
- High degree of integrity, entrepreneurial attitude and desire to work for a dynamic and successful organization
- This role will be a critical member of the executive team and represents a unique opportunity as the first non-founder C-Suite hire
- Location: Washington, DC office (with flexible schedule: ~4 days per week in the office)
- Dates: Start date targeting Q1 2024
- Unique opportunity as the first non-founding C Suite hire, providing an opportunity to shape the future of The Brydon Group.
- Note – we **require** all employees attend our annual 1-week CEO-in-Residence onboarding training in Bahamas each May!
- Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resume to Steve Ressler at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1908 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.