Job #1911: Controller - NY (11/15/2023)
Huntington, New York
Kleet Lumber Co., Inc. in Huntington is looking to add to our team.
The position is hands on and fast paced. The Controller is a key member of the top management team. This person will be the information gatherer for the owners.
A simple description of this position would be accounting and financial functions. This opportunity is not that limited. We need a person that can take the ball and run with it.
This person must have the mindset to readily address any challenge that presents itself. This could mean working with the credit manager on a problem collection, working with our attorneys if there is a legal issue, or our insurance companies on claims.
The controller is also involved in interactions that arise with any one of our three unions. We are looking for a person who will address issues that pop up in business every day and some, only once in a lifetime. You will never be bored.
- Oversee all general accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, general ledger, etc.
- Responsible for the coordination of accurate and timely quarterly and year-end close and related reporting
- Review and improve accounting processes, systems and controls to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures
- Work on other special projects as they present themselves.
- Manage tax return and financial audit processes and interface with external accountants and auditors
- Responsible for tax compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resume and cover letter to Linda Nussbaum at email@example.com
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1911 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.