Michael P. Gawley
- Partner, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
- Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
Michael Gawley is an Audit Partner with more than 20 years of experience in providing accounting, auditing, tax, and consulting services for clients in a range of industries. Michael is a leader in the firm’s Employee Benefits and Technology Groups. He also provides technical support to the Private Business Services Group.
Michael has diverse experience with both public and private clients. His experience with public clients includes the spirits and biotechnology fields; his private company experience includes audit, business advisory and tax services for closely held middle-market entrepreneurial companies in technology industries such as SAAS, digital media and advertising, medical practices, medical devices, and cancer research; construction accounting and investment advisors. Additionally, Michael’s expertise includes SEC filings and initial public offerings.
Michael provides mentoring to several start-up entities in the New York City area, in connection with New York University’s Stern School of Business.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid.
- Where did you grow up?
- Woodside Queens, New York
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- My experience in college was one of working through my time there versus enjoying all the benefits of going to college.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Family, and playing ice hockey when the family is asleep. Home repairs upon completion are a sense of accomplishment, as I see the efforts every day.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Meeting new opportunities, understanding a client's needs and delivering services to address those needs.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Identifying accounting/business matters which are not on their radar.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I have always been good at numbers and pursued an education in accounting.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Mechanical engineer
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Best of You by the Foo Fighters
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- 1978 CJ-7 Jeep. I could take the top off during the summer, and go anywhere with 4-wheel drive in the winter. No one else had a 4-wheel drive vehicle, so it was unique.