- State & Local Income/Franchise Tax
- Sales & Use Tax
- Credits & Incentives
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Member of the Institute of Professionals in Taxation (CMI)
- Villanova University: BS, Accounting
- Villanova University College of Commerce & Finance: MBA
- Villanova University School of Law: JD, cum laude
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Gary Bingel is the Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s State and Local Tax Group. With over 20 years of experience, his expertise focuses on state and local income taxation, and sales and use tax consulting. He has significant experience serving clients in the manufacturing, retail, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, technology, and service industries.
Gary’s specific areas of service encompass income/franchise tax refund reviews; state tax analysis of restructurings; due diligence reviews; sales tax studies; and nexus reviews. In addition, he is experienced in exposure remediation/voluntary disclosure and amnesty agreements; credits and incentives negotiation and analysis; and ruling requests.
Prior to joining the firm, Gary was Partner/Managing Director in an advisory and consulting firm in New York, where his clients ranged from start-up entities to Fortune 500 companies. His work centered on state income and franchise tax consulting as well as consulting on various sales and use tax issues. Gary also has significant experience in the area of state credits and incentives, including negotiations and site selection. Gary’s additional experience includes serving as a State and Local Tax Manager for Arthur Andersen and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
A frequent lecturer, Gary has presented various state and local tax topics to a range of professional organizations, including Tax Executives Institute and various CPA organizations. Gary also instructs various courses at the Income Tax School of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation.