Anthony R. Calascibetta
- Partner, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
Anthony Calascibetta is a Partner in the Financial Advisory Services Group, with over 40 years of public accounting and consulting experience. As an industry expert, Tony provides consulting on bankruptcy cases, litigation matters, financial and related advisory services to creditor committees and individual creditors, Chapter 7 & 11 trustees, debtors in possession and bankruptcy examiners.
Tony has also been appointed as a bankruptcy examiner, Chapter 7 trustee, Chapter 11 trustee, plan trustee, fiscal agent and as a future asbestos claims representative. He has assisted trustees and their counsel in performing forensic and fraud investigations, Rule 2004 investigations, and has assisted in the development of plans of reorganization. Working across an array of industries, his litigation consulting experience includes cases involving white-collar crime, purchase price disputes, breaches of contract, fraudulent financial reporting and damage calculations, mergers and acquisitions, tax investigations, environmental evaluations, and divestitures.
Tony has lectured to attorneys and other professionals, including the National Association of Federal Equity Receivers Offshore Conference, New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges on topics such as business fraud, municipal bankruptcy, common fraudulent schemes, and locating hidden assets.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Always try to be one step ahead and understand where the other side wants to be.
- Where did you grow up?
- Schenevus, NY (a small town in upstate New York)
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Small town to the big city.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Spending time with my wife and four daughters. Watching the Yankees, riding bikes with my wife and traveling.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Working with people and figuring out the answer to the problem/question.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I was always good with numbers.
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Take It Easy by the Eagles
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- A BMW convertible … so fun driving with the top down on a sunny day.