- Public Companies
- Acquisitions & Divestures
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Investment, Commercial & Mortgage Banking
- Finance Companies
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Otterbein College: BA, Business & Accounting, magna cum laude
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Center for Audit Quality: Professional Practice Executive Committee
- National Association of Corporate Directors: Governance Fellow
Peter Bible is the firm’s Chief Risk Officer and is responsible for risk management, SEC services, strategic thought leadership, regulatory relations and inspection groups. He works closely with the Professional Practice Group to assure compliance with the Audit and Assurance Practice’s quality control policies. Peter also consults with clients on difficult and complex accounting and financial reporting issues.
Peter also leads the firm’s efforts in meeting the business and regulatory needs of SEC companies. He previously served on the SEC Regulations Committee of the Center for Audit Quality.
Peter’s 30 years of experience includes senior leadership in both public and private accounting. He has held worldwide accounting responsibility for two Fortune-sized corporations and served as Audit Partner for Deloitte and Touche’s New York office, where he was also Deputy Professional Practice Director for the Northeast Region. He has an exceptional background in audit, taxation, and accounting, as well as hands-on experience with divestitures, acquisitions, joint ventures, IPOs, and other public and private offerings. He has a deep expertise in U.S. GAAP, IAS and SEC rules.
Prior to joining the firm, Peter served as Chief Accounting Officer for General Motors Corporation. At GM, he held worldwide responsibility for accounting, financial reporting and forecasting, SEC reporting, risk management, financial controls and systems development. During his tenure, he led numerous acquisitions, divestitures, and restructurings. He also led negotiations for GM’s health care and labor agreements, as well as an effort to install SAP’s ERP solution across the corporation.
Professionally, Peter has served as Chairman, FEI Task Force on Business Combinations and as a member of several FASB and EITF Task Forces, the FEI Committee on Corporate Reporting, and the Joint International Group (JIG) of the FASB and the IASB. Peter is a frequent presenter and is often quoted in the media on various accounting and business topics.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- There is never a bad time to do a good thing.
- Where did you grow up?
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Travel and cooking
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- The complicated, tough issues
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Tuesday's Gone
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Two and a Half Men
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- Corvette – enough said.