- High Net Worth Individuals
- State and Local Taxation
- Management Companies (Investment Advisors)
- Cannabis & Hemp
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- University of Oregon: BS, Accounting
- Golden Gate University: MS, Taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Contra Costa Taxpayers Association: Executive Committee; Board Member
- Executive Club (Oregon non-profit citizens’ initiative group)
Paul Bleeg is a Tax Partner with over 35 years of public accounting experience. He is responsible for overseeing tax compliance and planning in the firm’s Personal Wealth Advisors Group, as well as authoring tax research memorandums on various individual, partnership, corporate and non-profit issues.
His past experience includes serving as Tax Manager for the largest heavy truck manufacturer in North America.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "Rise early, work late, and strike oil." – J.Paul Getty
- Where did you grow up?
- Portland, Oregon and Pistol River, Oregon
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Animal House was a tamer version of my experience at University of Oregon, and John Belushi was a tamer version of myself.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Tennis, playing with my boys, reading, boating, motorcycle riding, political activism.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Helping clients with their toughest tax issues.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Don't talk to examination agents.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I prepared tax returns when I was in high school for my four older sisters who were waitresses and never filed their tax returns. I prepared their tax returns and they all got big refunds.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- General contractor
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Garota de Ipanema sung by Joao Gilberto
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Have Gun, Will Travel
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Govern for California – supports public employee pension reforms.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- 1972 Cadillac Eldorado convertible with wheel skirts and parade boot. I felt like I was in a parade when I drove it.