Michael Hanzelik is a Senior Manager in the firm’s Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Services Group, with over 25 years of valuation experience. He manages and performs valuations of minority and controlling interests in business entities and intangible assets for publicly traded and privately held companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions. Michael’s expertise also includes gift and estate tax planning, financial reporting, shareholder transactions, and general management and shareholder planning purposes, as well as reviewing third party valuations for audit review purposes.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael was at a national accounting and Big 4 accounting firms, where he performed and managed valuations for gift and estate tax, financial reporting, and general planning purposes spanning a broad range industries. Types of companies Michael has worked with include health care, manufacturing, distribution and logistics, consumer products, retail, financial services, technology, food and beverage and financial services.
- Business Valuation
- Estate & Gift Tax Valuations
- Fair Value Measurement for Financial Reporting
- Intangible Asset Valuation
- Private Equity
- Appraisal Review
Credentials & Education
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- Certified in Entity & Intangible Valuations (CEIV)
- Ohio Wesleyan University: BA, Pre-Law & Economics
- The Pennsylvania State University: MBA (Finance concentration)
- American Society of Appraisers
- Philadelphia Estate Planning Council
- The Appraisal Foundation – Appraisal Issues Task Force