Benjamin Aspir is a Partner in the Private Client Services Group and a member of the firm’s National Tax Group, with more than 15 years of public accounting experience. His client base includes closely held and family businesses and their owners. Benjamin has experience spanning various industries, including professional services, cannabis and hemp, real estate, and manufacturing and distribution. He also serves high net worth individuals and family offices.
Benjamin is one of the firm’s leaders with IRC Section 1202 - Qualified Small Business Stock, advising cannabis clients on IRC Section 280E and the Employee Retention Tax Credit. In addition to tax compliance and advisory services, Benjamin has prior audit and accounting experience that allows him to deliver a unique perspective to clients.
Benjamin is a frequent speaker and author on an array of topics, including tax reform, Section 1202 and Section 280E.
- Closely Held Businesses
- Individual Taxation & Planning
- Sections 1202 & 280E
- Tax Controversy
- Cannabis & Hemp
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Yeshiva University: BS, Accounting
- Golden Gate University: MS, Taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants: Federal Taxation Interest Group, Chair
- Congregation Israel: Board of Trustees
Insights from Benjamin
On-Demand: Maximizing The Qualified Small Business Stock Exclusion - Section 1202Read More