Angela Chen is a Partner in the Private Client Services Group, with more than 20 years of tax compliance and consulting experience. She provides comprehensive tax planning and consulting services for ultra-high net worth individuals, wealthy family groups, senior executives of major companies and privately held business owners relating to income tax, trust, estate and gift tax, and foreign transaction reporting. In addition, Angela has extensive experience with tax controversy matters, representing clients before federal and state tax authorities.
Angela is the co-founder and leader of the Asian Practice Group at the firm, which renders tax advisory and compliance services to Asian clients, including domestic and international companies in real estate, private equity, health care, technology sectors, among others. In addition, she has extensive experience in tax planning for EB-5 investors. In this role, she has made significant contributions in increasing the firm’s visibility in the Chinese business community.
Most recently, Crain’s New York Business named Angela as one of the Notable Women in Accounting and Consulting for 2020. She was also name Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business for 2018 by the Asian-American Business Development Center (AABDC). Angela also plays an essential role in the firm’s tax training for personal wealth advisors staff.
- Individual Taxation & Planning
- Trust & Estate Taxation & Planning
- Family Office Services
- Private Foundations
- Advising Closely Held Businesses & Shareholders
- Philanthrophy & Charitable Giving
- International Taxation & Planning
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Baruch College: BS, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Ascend Pan-Asian Leaders in Finance & Accounting
- Mulan Club