- Expert Witness
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP)
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business: BSE, Accounting & Business Management
- Temple University: MBA
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Turnaround Management Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Commercial Finance Association
- Temple University: Adjunct Professor
- Abramson Center for Senior Living: Board Member
- Bringhurst Funeral Home: Board Member
Robert Katz is a Managing Director in the Financial Advisory Services. With over 25 years of experience, Robert works with public and private middle-market companies, both in and out of bankruptcy, who are facing operational or financial challenges to create and execute the strategy needed to restructure or improve operating performance.
In a leadership capacity, Robert acts as Interim President, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Restructuring Officer or Treasurer, helping companies improve operating performance. He acts as plan administrator, distribution trustee and receiver. Robert also advises United States trustees, creditor committees, company management, lenders and private equity funds. He pursues substantial litigation claims and avoidance actions, as well as serves as an expert witness.
Robert is an advisor and board member for public companies, private family owned businesses, and many not-for-profit organizations. He was recently named Distressed M&A Dealmaker of the Year by The M&A Advisor.
In addition, Robert prepares statements and schedules, forecasts and projections, and negotiates with secured and unsecured creditors. He assists companies planning for, going through and emerging from a 363 sales process. He has turned around, operated, and improved the performance of companies in the pharmaceutical, health care, manufacturing, wholesale distribution, high tech, retail, hotel/casino, publishing, printing, service industries and not for profit sectors. Robert assists companies in raising capital, including refinancing debt, securing debtor-in-possession financing and adding lines of credit and term loans. He has also guided clients through strategic acquisitions, raising equity capital, and divestitures.