Rob Levine is the Chief Operating Officer of EisnerAmper LLP. He manages overall firm operations as well as the specific capabilities of the human resources, information technology and finance teams to ensure that critical resources are in place for EisnerAmper to achieve its strategic goals. He has nearly thirty years of experience in public accounting, principally all of which have been with EisnerAmper.
Prior to his appointment as COO, Rob was Partner-in-Charge of EisnerAmper University, the firm’s professional development and leadership training platform. He also oversaw the EisnerAmper Executive College, which offers complimentary continuing professional education for clients, alumni and other friends of the firm.
Previously, Rob was an Audit Partner with 20 years of experience, working primarily with public and private software, internet, biotechnology and other technology related businesses.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- People who are effective are effective with people.
- Where did you grow up?
- Roslyn, Long Island
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- I gained a valuable education and even more valuable life-long relationships.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I value time with my family and friends, including activities on (and under) the water, playing tennis and platform tennis, and live music.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I am most passionate about our people and our culture.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- In my position my clients are internal – our firm's people. The advice I frequently give is to "make it about the other person."
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- My clients are our firm's people, and I have a knack for promoting collaboration.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I was unsure what area of business I wanted to ultimately pursue, and as a CPA I knew that I would have many options.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- I love when clients or prospects of the firm ask me for introductions, because it is an opportunity to add value to the relationship.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Music industry
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Peace Frog by the Doors
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Any hockey game – preferably the Islanders.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- I currently drive a Jeep Wrangler, and it is my favorite so far.