- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity Funds
- Funds of Funds
- Audit & Assurance
- Financial Services – Private Equity
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Hofstra University: BBA, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants: Investment Company Committee
- Managed Funds Association
Peter Cogan is an Audit Partner with more than 25 years of audit, tax and advisory experience. He is co-leader of the firm’s Financial Services Audit and Assurance Services Practice. He is also Co-Chair of the firm’s Financial Services Group, leading the Private Equity Group within that practice. In addition, Peter has been Director of the Cayman Islands office since it was established in 2001.
Prior to his current role leading the financial services practice, he served as Audit Partner for several of the firm’s largest hedge and private equity fund clients. He has also represented clients as an outsourced private equity fund CFO through the firm’s fund administration practice.
Peter speaks frequently before professional audiences and the media, and is co-author of “Auditing a Private Equity Fund,” published in Private Equity International’s The US Private Equity Fund Compliance Companion. In addition, he helps lead training programs for the firm’s financial services staff.