- Estate Planning
- Trusts & Estates
- High Net Worth Individuals
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Boston University: BA
- Boston University School of Law: JD; LLM, Taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Bar Association: Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section’s Generation Skipping Transfers Committee Vice Chair
- New York State Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of New York City
Karen L. Goldberg is a Principal in the Private Wealth Advisory Group, where she leads the trust and estate practice in the New York office. For more than 25 years, Karen has specialized in estate planning for closely held business owners, senior corporate executives and other high net worth individuals. Her expertise includes an in-depth knowledge of estate, gift and fiduciary income tax, as well as post-mortem planning. Prior to joining EisnerAmper, Karen led the Private Client Services Group of a national accounting firm.
Karen is a frequent lecturer on trust and estate topics at professional conferences, including those sponsored by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, local CPA societies and the United Jewish Appeal.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Your reputation is everything.
- Where did you grow up?
- Needham, Massachusetts
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Exploring New York City, exercising, traveling, going to the theater, going to the beach.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Working through complex issues and assisting clients with achieving their goals and objectives.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Assisting clients with structuring their estate plan and other trust and estate matters.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- American Cancer Society, because it is an important cause.