Job #1889: Fund Accounting Manager - NY/CA (4/8/2023)
Fund Accounting Manager
New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
Up to 150k base plus bonus
My Client is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $172 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2023. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented, and risk-controlled approach to investments in credit, private equity, real assets, and listed equities. The firm has over 1,100 employees and offices in 20 cities worldwide.
They are committed to cultivating an environment that is collaborative, curious, inclusive and honors diversity of thought. Providing training and career development opportunities and emphasizing strong support for our local communities through philanthropic initiatives are essential to the firm’s culture.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for various private partnerships and accounts, as well as reporting to clients and the portfolio group.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and maintaining the books and records of pooled private investment funds organized as limited partnerships and/or separate accounts;
- Accounting for and reconciliation of cash, investments and real property;
- Recording and reconciling of purchase and sale transactions;
- Accounting for complex corporate actions;
- Estimating and posting of monthly closing accruals;
- Calculating of income and expense allocations to each partner, including updating of distribution waterfall based on the terms of the governing documents;
- Determining and preparing distributions and draw-downs;
- Preparing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to clients;
- Analyzing and calculating of performance metrics for partnerships/accounts as well as for each investment;
- Coordinating with funds’ independent auditors, custodians, prime brokers and fund administrators;
- Performing other tasks as required.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years relevant accounting or audit experience with a mix of Big Four public accounting and investment management industry experience;
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis;
- Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent work ethic;
- Great organizational skills and is able to handle complicated work efficiently and effectively;
- Takes initiative to ask questions and detect problems;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively both individually and as a team; and
- Ability to understand and resolve complex problems.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA a plus.
Base Salary Range: $90,000.00-$150,000 + discretionary bonus and a comprehensive benefits package
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resume and cover letter to Angela Solomon at email@example.com .
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1889 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.