Job #1853: Controller - NJ (2/16/2023)
We are currently seeking a Controller supporting our manufacturing plant and executive team that will be located in Rockaway, NJ in April of 2023, currently the company is located in Totowa, NJ.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monthly financial statement preparation including monthly journal entries.
- Assist with yearly budget preparation.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares monthly and quarterly reports comparing standard to actual production costs.
- Prepare and/or oversee payroll on a timely and accurate basis.
- Coordinate with third party payroll services to insure adherence to tax codes.
- Plans, studies and collects data to help determine cost of business activities such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor and then analyzes the data obtained.
- Update 12-week rolling cash forecast and meet with CEO and CFO weekly.
- Analyze and compare factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Supports physical inventories and cycle count process.
- Ensure financial task are completed accurately and timely on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts.
- Daily meetings with manufacturing team.
Candidate must have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 5-7 years of work experience with increasing responsibilities
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with sharp attention to detail
- A solution driven individual with the ability to solve problems
- A high proficiency level in MS Office applications, and ERP system knowledge or related Accounting/Manufacturing software (preferably SAP software)
- In office presence at least 4 days per week
About the Company:
As a manufacturer of cosmetic and skincare products, we provide outsource manufacturing solutions for both independent and legacy (e.g., Este Lauder, L’Oreal, Mary Kay” beauty brands. The company is two years old and closed first acquisition in November 2022. The Controller is required before we begin the process of closing the next acquisition in either 1st or 2nd quarter 2023.
The successful candidate will be eligible for all benefits afforded the staff of the company.
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Rockaway, NJ 07866: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- GAAP: 5 years (Required)
- Controller: 1 year (Preferred)
- Build a finance function (Preferred)
Interested members should e-mail resume to Lee Blackwell at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1853 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.