Trust and Estate Services
EisnerAmper’s trust and estate professionals work with clients and their advisors to create and implement estate plans that achieve the client’s personal and financial goals. This frequently involves creative solutions to help protect and preserve wealth for future generations, minimize potential estate taxes, plan for business succession or the sale of the family business, as well as charitable planning. In addition, when major life events occur, such as marriage, divorce, or the birth of a child, or there are significant tax law changes, EisnerAmper’s professionals are there to assist clients in reviewing their current estate plan to see if it still makes sense, and accomplishes the client’s objectives.
Furthermore, in keeping with today’s globally mobile client, EisnerAmper professionals have developed a recognized expertise in the unique planning issues that arise for foreign clients with connections to the U.S., and for U.S. clients with offshore assets. This expertise has been recognized by our peers with a coveted Private Client award from the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
EisnerAmper’s Trust and Estate Services include:
- design and implementation of estate plans;
- review of existing wills and trust agreements;
- advising on financial and tax implications of sophisticated estate planning strategies; and
- preparation of financial and tax analysis of proposed or current estate plan.
- estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax issues;
- complex fiduciary income tax issues;
- charitable planning strategies; and
- qualified retirement plan post-mortem distribution options.
- preparation of Federal and State estate tax returns for U.S. domiciliaries and nonresident aliens;
- preparation of decedent’s final income tax returns and estate’s fiduciary income tax returns; and
- post-mortem tax planning.
Tax Return Preparation:
- federal and state gift tax returns;
- federal and state fiduciary income tax returns for domestic and foreign trusts, including computation of UNI and throwback tax for foreign nongrantor trusts; and
- informational filings related to the funding of and distributions from foreign trusts.
- Plan for the adequacy of retirement income and timing of qualified plan distributions, and advise on Roth IRA conversions.