- Partner, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
John Pennett is the Partner-in-Charge of the National Technology and Life Sciences Group, and is a member of the Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) services team. He has 35 years of public accounting experience, with a strong emphasis on public and private life science and technology companies. John is a frequent writer and speaker on industry topics. He is the publisher of Catalyst, a newsletter focused on delivering informative content on both business and technical issues affecting entrepreneurs in the technology and life sciences space.
Additionally, John supports entrepreneurial organizations around the country with content, resources and program development, and serves as a mentor to several early-stage companies.
John has led the accounting, auditing and strategic advisory work for more than a 50 IPOs, private financing and mergers and acquisitions with an aggregate valuation in excess of $3 billion. In addition, he has served as the interim lead of the firm’s Risk Advisory Practice, leading internal audit, contract compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and testing. He is deeply involved in the firm’s Outsourced Accounting Services practice and the International Services Group.
John previously worked as an Audit Partner for an international accounting and consulting firm.
- Where did you grow up?
- Freehold, NJ
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Playing basketball, hiking, working outdoors.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Helping entrepreneurs succeed.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Focus on core competencies, and let others take care of tasks that distract you from your specialty
- I love when clients ask me about …
- Solving business issues, because I like to think beyond accounting concepts and into real life business decision-making.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Professional basketball player
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Most anything by REM and the Cranberries
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Engineering an Empire
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Statewide Parents Advocacy Network – the largest organization in New Jersey supporting families in need