John Pennett is the Partner-in-Charge of the National Technology and Life Sciences Group. He has 35 years of public accounting experience, with a strong emphasis on public and private life science and technology companies. John is a frequent writer and speaker on industry topics. He is the publisher of Catalyst, a newsletter focused on delivering informative content on both business and technical issues affecting entrepreneurs in the technology and life sciences space.
Additionally, John supports entrepreneurial organizations around the country with content, resources and program development, and serves as a mentor to several early-stage companies.
John has led the accounting, auditing and strategic advisory work for more than a 50 IPOs, private financing and mergers and acquisitions with an aggregate valuation in excess of $3 billion. In addition, he has served as the interim lead of the firm’s Risk Advisory Practice, leading internal audit, contract compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and testing. He is deeply involved in the firm’s Outsourced Accounting Services practice and the International Services Group.
John previously worked as an Audit Partner for an international accounting and consulting firm.
- Life Sciences
- Public Companies
- Entrepreneurial Support & Education
- IPO Prep
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Rutgers University: BS, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- BioNJ: CFO Committee Co-Chair
- New Jersey Technology Council
- Life Sciences Pennsylvania
- Rutgers University School of Business: Accounting Advisory Board
- New Jersey Bioscience Center (formerly CCIT) Advisory Board
- eLabs Advisory Board