John Pennett is the Partner-in-Charge of the Life Sciences Group and Technology Group. He has 30 years of public accounting experience, with a strong emphasis on public and private life science and technology companies. John is a frequent writer and speaker on topics related to issues impacting businesses in the life sciences and technology space. He is the publisher of Catalyst, a magazine focused solely on issues related to life sciences and pharmaceutical companies. John supports entrepreneurial organizations around the country with content and program development, and serves as a mentor to several early-stage companies.
John has led the accounting, auditing and strategic advisory work for more than a hundred IPOs, private financing and mergers and acquisitions with an aggregate valuation in excess of $1 billion. In addition, he has served as the interim lead of the firm’s Risk Advisory Practice, leading internal audit, contract compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and testing. John previously worked as an Audit Partner for an international accounting and consulting firm.
- Where did you grow up?
- Freehold, NJ
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Playing basketball, working outdoors.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Helping entrepreneurs succeed.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Focus on core competencies, and let us and others take care of the back office.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- Solving business issues, because I like to think beyond accounting concepts and into real life business decision-making.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Professional basketball player
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Most anything by REM and Pearl Jam
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Engineering an Empire
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Statewide Parents Advocacy Network – the largest organization in NJ supporting families in need