Job #1858: Tax Director - GA (3/3/2023)
Director of Tax is responsible for KUSA and Subsidiaries’ tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. Director of Tax works with KUSA and its subsidiaries accounting/financial personnel, service providers and other tax professionals in carrying out its responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Corporate Tax functions
- Responsible for completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support.
- Lead and oversight of tax return preparation processes. Work closely with tax manager, staff and tax service providers to ensure timely and accurate products.
- Oversee and prepare quarterly income tax provisions for KUSA and its subsidiaries. Review and evaluate U.S. group-wide tax position and communicate to corporate management.
- Perform and direct researching, interpreting, and evaluating releases for tax and accounting law changes.
- Develop and facilitate inter-company and inter-departmental tax awareness including informing tax legislation updates, education to ensure proper tax compliance are maintained, and identifying tax saving opportunities.
- Responsible for audits of federal and state income tax and other tax-related examinations.
- Participate in M&A due diligence and deal structuring for corporate acquisitions.
- Develop budgeting and professional fee analysis. Evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of tax compliance process to minimize costs.
- Supervise Tax Personnel
- Supervise and monitor tax personnel work assignments, work schedules, performance and work standards.
- Assess employee’s job performance and conformance to quality standards and proper procedures, and initiate trainings to correct errors or problems, conducting performance evaluation.
- Provide coaching, counseling, and guidance to tax group members in handling difficult or complex issues.
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, function, or department to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Keep CFO informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodical communication takes place.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area of responsibilities.
- Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the work place, complying company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or management.
The experience and education described here are representative of those that are expected to individuals to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered on an individual basis.
- 9-12 years of experience
- Professional tax experience with a combination of both public accounting firms and corporate tax departments on corporate and partnership income tax reporting, research and planning.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) Accounting or Taxation - Required
- Master’s degree (M.A.) Taxation - Preferred
LICENSES & CERTIFICATES
CPA - Preferred
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Taxation, Tax research, Financial accounting - Advanced
- Tax software, Tax research tool - Advanced
- MS Excel (complex spreadsheet, database) - Advanced
- MS Word, Power Point, Outlook - Intermed
TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE
Tax software: Onesource Income Tax, Sage Fixed Asset Software
- Operational Supervision: Ensure tasks are appropriately assigned and completed by monitoring performance against predetermined standards and holding team members accountable for meeting expectations.
- People Management: Include team members in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; make self available to team members; provide regular performance feedback; develop team members’ skills and encourages growth.
- Fostering collaboration: Develop networks and strengthens collaborative relationship to gain support from internal and external people, resources and partners.
- Establishing policies & procedures: Ability to develop, implement and enforce processes and policies.
- Communication: Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with people at all levels of the internal and external organization with sensitivity.
- Physical Demands
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing, walking, grasping, and lifting/moving up to 15 pounds (e.g. in order to shred documents, to maintain a neat and organized work environment, and to lift paper supplies, and large boxes and files). Ability to read printed materials and written information on a computer screen is required.
- Business Travel & Work Hours
Business Travel: Minimal
May be required to work beyond normal business hours including night time or weekend (e.g. teleconference with counterparts of Japan parent company) as business needs dictate.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
The above Job Description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the persons or persons assigned to this position. These functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all of the responsibilities, functions, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the Company's discretion and should in no way be construed as an employment contract.
Interested in joining the team?
- E-mail resume and cover letter to Ikue Oshio at email@example.com.
- Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.
- Make sure to include Job #1858 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.