#ConversationsCan Propel Your Startup Forward
- May 16, 2022
By Trae Nickelson
Conversations are key for founders of technology startups. At the recent TiE50 pitch competition, an annual Silicon Valley event that honors founders of technology startups, the winners shared their insights on what is key to success.
Here is a list of thoughts that have helped propel each entrepreneur forward on their journey.
Considering a new idea? Conversations can help you choose one that is meaningful and truly drives you:
- When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
- Follow your passion no matter what!
- Possible defies impossible!
- If you can dream it, you can do it!
- Reach for the stars even if you have to climb on top of a cactus.
Settling on your idea, and getting started? Conversations can help prepare for the ups and downs of the journey:
- I can accept failure—everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying. (Borrowed from Michael Jordan.)
- It is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Look for the light, and you'll find the light.
- We are our choices. Build yourself a great story. Price is what you pay … value is what you get.
Building your idea, and need practical guidance? Conversations can offer advice on mindset and focus.
- Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face. (Borrowed from Mike Tyson.)
- Measure twice; cut once!
- Don't play the game, own the game.
- Know your mission—keep your focus, and the best is yet to come.
- Drive collaboration.
- There's always a way. You just have to find it.
- If you want to go fast, go by yourself. If you want to go far, go as a team.
Running into challenges, and wondering if it is all worth it? Conversations can make you feel not alone and help you stay the course:
- Persistence and perseverance are everything!
- Never give up!
- Whatever happens, keep moving forward!
- The highs are never as high as they seem, and the lows are never as low as they seem; stay the course!
- Someone that doesn't give up cannot be defeated.
- Stay positive and never give up. Keep on keeping on.
And of course, some mottos are just good conversations to have with yourself every day:
- Thanks are the highest form of thought and gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. (Borrowed from G.K. Chesterton.)
- Live your life to the fullest every day.
Whichever stage your business is in, conversations can help launch, fund and grow your startup—and help shine light on your next step. As an entrepreneur, know you’re supported and have access to the resources you need to stay the course. EisnerAmper’s Entrepreneur Academy (“EA2”) offers early-stage startups continuous learning opportunities—from fundraising to mitigating risk to growing your businesses.
If you have any questions, we'd like to hear from you.
Explore More Insights
It's Not You, It's Your Software | Embracing the Future as a Digital CFORead More
Proposed Regulations for Determining Proceeds, Basis, and Reporting Requirements for Digital AssetsRead More
Receive the latest business insights, analysis, and perspectives from EisnerAmper professionals.