2nd Annual CBSACNY Investing Outlook Event – 2017 and Beyond
- Jan 19, 2017
The investing outlook for 2017 and beyond is in a state of anticipation, highly contingent upon how the soon-to-be President Donald Trump and his policies will impact the landscape. At the 2nd annual Columbia Business School Alumni Club of New York’s (CBSACNY) Investing Outlook Event--2017 and Beyond, hosted by EisnerAmper and headed by Andrew Halperin, a partner in the firm’s financial services group, a trio of industry veteran panelists shared some of their views.
Here were a handful of things they mentioned:
- The era of low volatility is expected to be over.
- We are slated to enter a higher interest rate environment, which should bode well for hedge funds to outperform, and it is especially a good time for active managers.
- Health care is one sector that could be interesting with secular tailwinds of innovation and aging demographics but big overhang of what happens to Obamacare.
- Other areas expected to do well include Japanese equities, given the county’s adoption of corporate governance, and global macro.
- Additionally, smaller managers are expected to continue increasing popularity amongst allocators given their ability to be nimble.
- Trump is expected to foster economic growth.
- Trump is expected to loosen financial regulation.
EisnerAmper would like to thank the speakers for their time and insights:
- Robert Kaplan, Senior Managing Director, EnTrustPermal
- Bruce Wilcox, Chair, Investment Committee, Teachers College; and Co-Founder and CEO of E Street Management, LLC
- Benjamin Wu, Senior Managing Director, Corporate & Asset Finance Group at Macquarie
What's on Your Mind?
Elana Margulies-Snyderman is an investment industry reporter and writer who develops articles, opinion pieces and original research designed to help illuminate the most challenging issues confronting fund managers and executives.
Start a conversation with Elana
Explore More Insights
Insights on the Private Fund Adviser Rules & Form PF for Chief Compliance OfficersRead More
Receive the latest business insights, analysis, and perspectives from EisnerAmper professionals.