- Partner, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
- Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
Diane Wasser is Partner-in-Charge of the New Jersey Region, responsible for office stewardship and growth, client service initiatives, talent maximization, and day-to-day operations and administration. She is also the Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s Pension Services Group, and Chair of the firm’s Executive Committee. Diane has over 30 years of experience providing employee benefit plan audit and consulting services to publicly and privately owned entities across the United States, including those registered on the NYSE. Diane has the unique experience required to support plan sponsors and fiduciaries as they navigate the unique requirements of ERISA and to efficiently and accurately manage audits for all types of employee benefit and welfare benefit plans, including 401(k)s, 11-Ks, ESOPs, defined benefit and 403(b) plans.
Diane is instrumental in assisting the profession in applying generally accepted auditing standards to benefit plans and in understanding the unique reporting and regulatory requirements. An active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), she previously served on the Employee Benefit Plan Expert Panel, Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center Executive Committee, and numerous AICPA Task Forces. Diane has also worked with the AICPA in the production of employee benefit plan auditing self-study courses.
Diane is one of the State of New Jersey’s most influential and respected accounting firm leaders in the ROI Influencers Power List 2021: Accountants. She is a NJBIZ 2021 Power 50 in Accounting honoree and a past honoree of the Executive Women of New Jersey’s Women of Professional Distinction. Diane was also previously named by NJBIZ as one of New Jersey's Best 50 Women in Business.
A frequent speaker and writer, Diane is a well-seasoned instructor at AICPA and NJSCPA national conferences and conference calls on specific audit topics. She regularly partners with other professionals on employee benefit plan related webinars and meetings for plan sponsor audiences. Diane has also been interviewed and quoted in various print and television media on saving for retirement and employee benefit plan issues. Diane began her career with an international accounting firm.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "Control your circumstances."… It's my own personal quote.
- Where did you grow up?
- Haddonfield, New Jersey. I am an only child, which, I am sure to some, explains a lot!
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Filled with education that extended way beyond academics to life, self awareness, an appreciation of balance and how to have a truly great time.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- With my family. I absolutely love my husband, son and daughter. We have family dinners which we cherish very much. We also enjoy traveling.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I am truly passionate about the practice I founded within the firm, the Pension Services Group. I enjoy the work, the important role we, as auditors, play in the retirement plan system, and I love to see others in the firm replicating that passion. It truly sets EisnerAmper apart.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- A 1997 Honda Prelude. It was red and had headlights that flipped up, and I thought that was so cool! It also was the first big investment I made on my own so I was extremely proud.