- Chief Executive Officer, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
Charles Weinstein is Chief Executive Officer of Eisner Advisory Group LLC, sits on its Board of Directors, and is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. In his role as CEO, Charly is responsible for the strategic direction of the firm and is instrumental in leading both organic growth and growth through strategic mergers and acquisitions. With over 35 years of experience in the field of public accounting, Charly has held leadership positions throughout his entire career. Prior to his current role, Charly was Managing Partner and CEO of EisnerAmper LLP and was Managing Partner of Eisner LLP. The combination of Eisner LLP and Amper, Politziner & Mattia, which Charly oversaw, was recognized as “Deal of the Year” by the Association for Corporate Growth.
As a leader in the accounting profession, Charly has been quoted in local, regional, and national publications on the impact of new technologies and artificial intelligence. Charly has been instrumental in building a culture that embraces technology that benefits clients of the firm.
In addition to his leadership position at the firm, Charly holds a number of corporate, industry, and charitable positions. He helped to found EisnerAmper Global, an international network of independent member firms created to address the specialized needs of the financial services industry. Charly is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, where he served on the Board of Directors and was Chair of the Major Firms Group. He is past chairman of its Personal Liability Insurance Program and served on the Nominating Committee. He is an active member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA). Charly has been selected for the National Association of Corporate Directors’ “NACD Directorship 100,” a grouping of the most influential people in corporate governance and the boardroom and was previously named Accountant of the Year by the Association for Corporate Growth.
Charly serves on the Board of Directors of the Legal Aid Society of New York City, where he is Chair of the Audit Committee, as well as the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors of The Partnership for New York City. He is the author of Establishing a Financial Framework For Your Company, is a frequent speaker before professional audiences and has lectured at universities on the topic of ethics in public accounting. He served on the faculty for The Learning Annex, where he taught a course on accounting.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Do the right thing.
- Where did you grow up?
- New York City
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Family, friends, athletics
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Client service
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Take a step back and think things through.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Dinner reservations
- Why did you become a CPA?
- It is a cool profession.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- My family, because I am very proud of them.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- My first car, a 1972 Plymouth Duster, because it meant freedom.