- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Audit & Assurance
- Public & Private Financing
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- State University of New York-Binghamton: BS, Accounting, cum laude
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Legal Aid Society of New York City: Board of Directors; Audit Committee Chair
- The Partnership for New York, Inc.: Board of Directors
Charles Weinstein is the Chief Executive Officer of EisnerAmper LLP and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. With over 35 years of experience in the field of public accounting, Charly has held leadership positions throughout his entire career. Prior to the formation of EisnerAmper LLP, Charly was Managing Partner of Eisner LLP. The combination of Eisner LLP and Amper, Politziner & Mattia, which Charly oversaw, was recognized as “Deal of the Year” by the Association for Corporate Growth. Charly directed the merger of San Francisco-based accounting firm Harb, Levy & Weiland into EisnerAmper and has been instrumental in leading both merger-related and organic growth ever since.
In addition to his leadership position at EisnerAmper, Charly holds a number of corporate, industry and charitable positions. He helped to found and form EisnerAmper Global, an international network of independent member firms created to address the specialized needs of the financial services industry. Charly is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), where he served on the Board of Directors and was Chair of the Major Firms Group. He is past-chairman of its Professional Liability Insurance Program and served on the Nominating Committee. He is an active member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA). For what is now the 6th year in a row, Charly has been selected for the National Association of Corporate Directors’ “NACD Directorship 100,” a grouping of the most influential people in corporate governance and the boardroom. Charly was previously named Accountant of the Year by the Association for Corporate Growth.
Charly serves on the Boards of Directors of the Legal Aid Society of New York City, where he is Chair of the Audit Committee and The Partnership for New York City. He is the author of Establishing a Financial Framework For Your Company, is a frequent speaker before professional audiences and has lectured at universities on the topic of ethics in public accounting. He served on the faculty for The Learning Annex, where he taught a course on accounting.
Charly is a cum laude graduate of the State University of New York at Binghamton, where he received his B.S. in Accounting.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Do the right thing.
- Where did you grow up?
- New York City
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Family, friends, athletics
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Client service
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Take a step back and think things through.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Dinner reservations
- Why did you become a CPA?
- It is a cool profession.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- My family, because I am very proud of them.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- My first car, a 1972 Plymouth Duster, because it meant freedom.