Alan Wink, Managing Director – Capital Markets, assists clients with capital budgeting, capital structuring and capital sourcing. Alan has 20 years of financial and consulting experience, having served as Director of the Interfunctional Management Consulting Program at Rutgers Graduate School of Management, a program he helped build into one of the largest business school-based management consulting practices in the country. He started his career in accounting, spending six years on the audit staff of a Big 4 accounting firm and a Fortune 500 Company. Alan left the accounting field to expand his horizons in the area of Corporate Finance.
Alan spent several years as Director of Financial Analysis for AmBase Corporation (NYSE), where he led approximately $2 billion of corporate acquisition activity. He is also a past Vice President of Capricorn Management, a $100 million private equity fund specializing in restructuring and turnaround opportunities.
In addition, Alan is a leader in the firm’s Technology Group, providing a variety of industry-specific services to technology and life sciences firms, including business and strategic planning, marketing and competitive analyses, financing assistance, and operational and financial benchmarking. He has worked with many early stage and emerging growth companies on developing the appropriate capital structure for their position in the business life cycle. He maintains an active contact base with angel investors, venture capital funds and private equity funds. Alan also understands the level of returns private investors are trying to realize and devises strategies that allow both entrepreneurs and their investors to achieve desired return thresholds.
- Strategic & Business Planning
- Capital Structures
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Capital Formation- Angel Financing
- Venture Capital
- Private Equity
- Life Sciences
- Clean Tech
Credentials & Education
- Rutgers University: Accounting/Business Administration
- Rutgers Graduate School of Management: MBA, Finance
- New Jersey Technology Council: Board Member; Electronics, Advanced Materials & Manufacturing Track Advisory Board
- Jumpstart NJ: Board Member
- Association for Corporate Growth
- New Jersey Institute of Technology Venture Advisory Board
- New Jersey Merger & Acquisition Forum
- FemtoBlanc: Advisory Board
- Rutgers Preparatory School: Treasurer; Board of Trustees; Executive Committee