William Burns is a Tax Partner with over 25 years of public accounting experience. Bill provides tax compliance, planning, consulting, and preparation services for an extensive and diverse client base, including investment groups, real estate developers, real estate funds, manufacturers, distributors, retailers, service organizations, and a host of international business entities. He brings a particular expertise to taxation issues affecting partnerships, closely held businesses and multi-state international organizations operating as S corporations and C corporations.
Additionally, Bill’s has expertise providing tax advisory services to real estate companies, including acquisition and disposition strategies, 1031 exchanges, and tenant in common transactions among other service offerings. He also works extensively with complex partnership issues, including Section 704(b), 704(c) and 752 debt allocations.
As an active member of the French American Chamber of Commerce (FACC),
Bill served as Secretary and Chair of the Nominating Committee for many years, and now serves as the Vice President. He also served as an Adjunct Professor at Drexel University’s Drexel Experience program.
Bill is a frequent speaker on topics of tax and has conducted periodic seminars on pertinent tax related policies and procedures and had volunteered through the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants Small Business Assistance Series.
- Business Entity Tax & Consulting
- Real Estate
- Private Equity Funds
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- International Tax
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Drexel University: BS, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- British American Business Council of Greater Philadelphia
- French American Chamber of Commerce: Board of Directors, Vice President
- German American Chamber of Commerce
- Ireland Chamber of Commerce USA
- Kids Smiles, Inc: Board of Directors, Chairman
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants