- Audit & Assurance
- IT Audits
- Public Companies
- Service Organization Controls (SOC) Reports
- Reporting Standards
- Internal Controls
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise Information Technology (CGEIT)
- Connecticut College: BA, History, Economics
- Cornell University: MBA, Finance, Accounting
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association Philadelphia Chapter: Board of Directors
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Assurance Services Executive Committee Member, Vendor Supply Chain Working Group
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Rod Smith is a Partner in the Assurance and Technology Control Services Practice within the Audit Group. He has more than 25 years of experience in professional services. Rod oversee the execution and quality assurance of the information technology control assurance portion for the firm’s financial statement audits, control attestation examinations and technology control assurance consulting services.
In addition, Rod has a broad range of experience in technology risk and control assurance with a focus on attestation services, including financial statement audit support and control for SOC examinations. He serves a variety of industries, with a particular focus and deep experience in banking, investment management, broker-dealer, property-casualty insurance, mortgage finance, technology services in additional to health care providers and insurers.
Prior to joining the firm, Rod was Managing Director at a public accounting, consulting, and technology firm. He led the IT assurance services and was responsible for all aspects of technology risk assurance services delivered to clients (primarily financial institutions) in the Northeastern U.S. Rod also served as a subject matter resource on information technology related matters in connection with audit quality and acted as Internal File Inspection lead for IT procedures.
Rod is a speaker and he is the author of A Financial Analysis of Risk and Controls.