- Technology Companies
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- New York University: BS, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Technology Council: Board Member
Phil Politziner is a Senior Advisor at EisnerAmper. He was a Founding Partner of Amper, Politziner & Mattia, and served as its CEO for many years. Phil has 45 years of experience in the fields of public accounting and business consulting. He has assisted many of the firm's clients, from their initial establishment through years of growth and development. With the experience of managing a successful, growing firm himself, Phil is often able to provide valuable assistance and guidance in the decision-making process needed in growing, entrepreneurial companies. Phil gets involved in strategic planning, profitability enhancement and major financial and business problem resolution for the companies he works with.
In 2011, Phil was named to the NJBIZ Hall of Fame in recognition of his contributions to the accounting profession and the NJ business community. In 2006, he was named to the New Jersey Technology Council’s Hall of Fame as a Titan of Technology for his commitment to technology companies in the region. Prior to that, Phil received the NJTC’s highest individual distinction - The John H. Martinson Technology Supporter Award. He has been named a “Community Leader of Distinction” and was featured in NJTC’s TechNews, in recognition of his success in growing the firm’s technology practice. Phil was named one of just six “Top Dealmakers Among Accountants” by New Jersey Business News - the first member of a midsized firm to earn this honor, and was named to the list of the "Elite 8 in New Jersey" of “Who’s Who in Corporate Finance.”
Phil is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA). He is a member of the board of the New Jersey Technology Council, and a former member of the Advisory Council of Independence Community Bank. He is a former trustee of the NJSCPA’s Political Action Committee and a former member of the New Jersey Bar Foundation’s Corporate and Business Law Subcommittee of the Public Education Committee and the NJSCPA’s Management of an Accounting Practice and Cooperation with Bankers Committees. Phil has served on the Board of Directors of the MCRCC and the Advisory Board of Governors of Middlesex County College. Phil is a frequent speaker to the NJSCPA and various other civic and professional organizations, and is frequently interviewed by the media on topics related to business management, financing and marketing. He served as a panelist on Financing Steps to Success for New Jersey’s Annual Economic Development Conference. He is now a member of the New Jersey Nets Fan Advisory Board.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- I believe in dealing with people and it is important to recognize that people are different. The quote I always remember is: "Life is nothing more than an attitude; if you think it is great, you are right, and if somebody else thinks it is horrible, they also could be right."
- Where did you grow up?
- Highland Park, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- I attended NYU, fit all my classes into four days between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., and then worked every day. I had a great experience and was well prepared for life.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- The greatest joy for me is spending time with our grandchildren and children.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I was most passionate about making us a great place to work.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- If you have a dream, go for it.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- I have been able to help clients make decisions.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- The occupation I would choose is Investment Banking.