- Trusts & Estates
- Personal Financial Services
- Private Foundations
- Personal & Fiduciary Tax
- Family Office Services
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- State University of New York-Albany: BS, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants: Individual Tax Committee
Peter Michaelson is a Tax Partner with more than 30 years of experience serving high net worth individuals, including family groups, trusts, private foundations, and in pass-through entity taxation.
Peter provides tax planning, compliance and advisory services for clients in a variety of industries, including financial services, law firms and the apparel. In addition, he has performed federal and state tax examinations.
Peter is a speaker and author on various tax topics including, executive compensation and the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.
- Where did you grow up?
- Valley Stream, Long Island, NY
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- 4 years that helped shaped the rest of my life.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Being outdoors, especially at the beach.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Assisting clients.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Saving tax dollars should not always be the driver.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- To help clients.