- Insurance Tax
- Corporations & Partnerships
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Pace University: BBA, Accounting
- Seton Hall University: MST
- New York Law School: JD
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association: Taxation Committee
- New York State Bar Association
Paul Dougherty is a Tax Partner with more than 30 years of public accounting experience. Paul has dedicated much of his career to building and enhancing a specialized expertise in corporate taxation, high net worth individuals and IRS controversy. He has significant experience in the review of corporate, partnership and individual tax returns; sophisticated tax planning techniques; representation at federal and state audits; real estate taxation; tax lien matters; and mergers and acquisitions.
Paul is responsible for overseeing the tax compliance for all property and casualty insurance companies, life companies, and mutual insurance companies, as well as their ASC 740 and SSAP 101 income tax provisions. In addition, he is responsible for coordinating the tax training for the insurance tax specialists.
Paul is involved in curriculum selection and development in the Tax College of EisnerAmper University and is a Dean of the College. He is a frequent writer and speaker, presenting seminars nationally and throughout the tri-state area on various tax matters.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Do what you love in life and the money will follow.
- Where did you grow up?
- I grew up in Park Ridge, Bergen County, NJ.
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- The best of times….
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I enjoy spending my time with my children, working out and traveling.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I am most passionate about witnessing my clients grow their businesses.
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Curb Your Enthusiasm – it makes me LOL!