Michael Mattia is the Principal-in-Charge of Marketing and is responsible for the overall direction of the firm’s marketing programs. Providing a consistent approach to marketing throughout the firm, Mike guides both the strategic and tactical marketing initiatives needed to keep the firm a growing, “cutting edge” organization. His responsibilities include new service line and product development, corporate communications, niche building, business development, coordination of the firm’s referral network, industry research for both improving client service and new market entry, and advertising/public relations programs. Prior to his 25 years at the firm, Mike was the Director of Sales and Marketing at a regional engineering and environmental company.
Mike has presented before a range of audiences and has been quoted in many of the industry’s leading publications.
An active member in his community, Mike holds various board and leadership positions in local business organizations, civic associations and community activities.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Work hard, play hard.
- Where did you grow up?
- Edison, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- What a long, strange trip it's been.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Heli-skiing, Great White Shark cage diving and having my kids keep me young.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Helping others to succeed. Being a great "connector".
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- The regrets you'll end up with are things that you decided not to act upon.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- A ski instructor … maybe for my twilight career
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Dire Straits' Sultan of Swing ... the live version off Alchemy
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Sunday Morning on CBS
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- A '77 Thunderbird . As I grew up, it broke down, so we took care of each other.