- Audit & Assurance
- Technical Review & Consulting
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity Funds
- Investment Advisors
- Mutual Funds & BDCs
- SEC Reporting ('33 & '34 Act)
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Loyola University: BBA, Accounting
- University of Texas: Master’s degree, Professional Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
Matthew Maulbeck is a Partner in the firm’s Professional Practice Group. Matt has more than ten years of technical accounting, financial reporting and auditing experience with both public and private companies in the financial services, real estate, retail and pharmaceutical industries. He also has substantial experience with SEC rules and regulations and reviewing SEC filings. Matt’s current focus is technical accounting reviews and consultations for audit clients in the financial services industry, including primarily hedge funds, private equity funds, investment advisors, broker-dealers and mutual funds.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt worked as a reviewer in the Division of Corporation Finance at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and at a Big Four accounting firm. Matt has served on ad hoc committees for the Center for Audit Quality, and is a co-author of “Auditing a Private Equity Fund,” published in Private Equity International’s The US Private Equity Fund Compliance Companion.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "There's no such thing as a free lunch." – Milton Friedman
- Where did you grow up?
- Bloomfield, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- With family and friends, preferably at the beach!
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Complicated technical accounting matters
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Doctor Who