Marc Fogarty is an Audit Partner and a member of the firm’s Life Sciences, Technology and International Services Groups. He has over 15 years of experience in public accounting, serving public and private organizations.
Marc assists his clients with business consulting, focusing on improving operational efficiency and profitability. He is knowledgeable in the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, including internal controls and Section 404, and the significant accounting issues facing SEC registrants, as well as fraud detection and prevention.
A frequent writer and speaker, Marc has presented on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to various professional groups. Marc’s expertise on this topic led to his participation in an American Institute of Certified Public Accountants workshop focused on developing and reviewing questions on IFRS for inclusion in future CPA examinations.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Impossible is not a fact, it is an opinion.
- Where did you grow up?
- Holmdel, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- College was the time where I realized my actions could shape my future.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Running races with my wife and playing soccer with my kids.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Ensuring that the next generation of accountants stay connected to the profession.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- General contractor