- Partner, EAG Gulf Coast, LLC
- Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
Laura Soileau is a Partner and the National Practice Group Leader of the firm's Risk and Compliance Services (RCS) practice. In this role, Laura leads a team of over 80 professionals dedicated to assisting clients with managing risks, including providing internal audit and internal control services; governance, risk, and compliance services; fraud prevention and detection; financial and regulatory risk services; and IT risk, data privacy, and security services.
Laura is a seasoned professional with extensive experience in internal audit, internal controls, governance, risk, compliance, and fraud-related matters. In her career, Laura has worked with audit committees, facilitated risk assessments for financial, operational, and technology audits, and coordinated with external auditors. She has also overseen the execution of audit plans and communicated with senior leadership and audit committees.
Furthermore, she's adept at helping small to mid-size organizations assess their current state environment and making recommendations to improve performance, including identification of internal controls tailored to the organization and opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization.
Additionally, Laura is experienced in fraud prevention and detection, including the development of a client-specific risk-based approach to fraud monitoring and investigation using data analytics. Laura is heavily involved with The Institute of Internal Auditors and previously served as the Chairman of The IIA's North American Board of Directors. Laura was also named one of twenty "Emerging Leaders" by The IIA in 2014. She has also co-authored multiple articles for IA magazine and regularly presents on internal audit and fraud-related topics.
Prior to joining the firm, Laura was a Director at Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), a leading full-service accounting and business advisory firm.
- Internal Audit
- Internal Controls
- Higher Education
- Professional Services
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- University of Arkansas: BS, Accounting & Marketing
- Louisiana State University: MS, Accounting
- The Institute of Internal Auditors
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association