- Leadership Development
- Organization Design
- Strategic Planning
- Succession Planning
- Board Development
- Executive Coaching
- Leadership Retreats
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Family Business Advisor (CFBA)
- The College of William & Mary: BA, Government
- A Galliard Family Business Advisor Institute
- International Coaching Federation
- Center for Creative Leadership
Kristen Ward is a Director and Senior Consultant in the Center for Family Business Excellence within the Private Business Services Practice. Kristen specializes in the areas of strategic planning, organization design, succession planning and talent development. She has experience with the unique challenges facing family businesses in growing their business as well as looking at transition and preparation of the next generation.
With more than 20 years of experience as a corporate leader of talent development, Kristen brings depth of knowledge as well as extensive practical experience to our clients. Kristen continues to play a strategic role in the firm’s talent development function, responsible for the learning, development and performance measurement of staff.
Prior to joining the firm, Kristen worked for a leading mortgage lender as the Director of Human Resources for the Eastern Business Center and at a Big 4 accounting firm
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Matthew 19:26 "...with God all things are possible"
- Where did you grow up?
- Born in Shoreham, LI; moved to Fair Lawn, NJ when I was 11; moved to Poquoson, VA when I was 15 and graduated high school from there.
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Willam & Mary was challenging yet comfortable, and I learned to keep away from Southern Comfort.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Reading, movies, rowing and, most of all, walking my dogs.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Creating ways for people to maximize their potential.
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Currently … Game of Thrones. Always … Star Trek.