- Advisor, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
Kriste Naples-DeAngelo is an Advisor in the Pension Services Group. Kriste is currently acting in an advisory capacity in the Pension Services Group. With more than 30 years in the public accounting profession, Kriste was previously a Partner in EisnerAmper LLP. During time she was responsible for managing numerous employee benefit plan audits and consulting with plan sponsors. She was integral in the design of continuing education courses and the training of the firm’s staff on employee benefit plan audits.
Additionally, Kriste was instrumental in the design and maintenance of the master engagement templates used within the firm. She has extensive knowledge of accounting and technical reporting standards, and had assisted clients with their annual audit and reporting requirements for both defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
Kriste's management skills, coupled with her auditing and employee benefit plan experience, provided clients with superior service, organization and knowledge. She worked with plans for both public and private company plan sponsors and assisted public companies with all aspects of SEC reporting, compliance and filings, including 11-Ks.
Kriste has gained a reputation as an expert speaker on employee benefits and frequently presents on national webcasts, regional teleconference calls and seminars, and continuing professional education courses. In addition, she has written articles, blogs and presented to various professional groups on a variety of employee benefit plan topics.
An active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Kriste recently concluded an extended term on the Employee Plan Expert Panel. Previously, she has been an instructor of financial services for the Small Business Development Center at Raritan Valley Community College, which is directed towards entrepreneurs, start-ups and established businesses, and has been an Adjunct Professor at Centenary College teaching undergraduate accounting courses.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Don't stop when you're tired … stop when you're done!
- Where did you grow up?
- Born in Newark, NJ and grew up in South Plainfield, NJ.
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Long … as I went back to school part time after having my 2 children.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Spending time with my children and grandchildren.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I love what I do. It is always different and I love working with all of the different clients.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Pharmaceutical sales
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- It was an Austin Healey convertible, and I loved zipping in and out of places that not too many cars could!