John Pennett is the Partner-in-Charge of the Life Sciences Group and Technology Group. He has 30 years of public accounting experience, with a strong emphasis on public and private life science and technology companies. John is a frequent writer and speaker on topics related to issues impacting businesses in the life sciences and technology space. He is the publisher of Catalyst, a magazine focused solely on issues related to life sciences and pharmaceutical companies. John supports entrepreneurial organizations around the country with content and program development, and serves as a mentor to several early-stage companies.
John has led the accounting, auditing and strategic advisory work for more than a hundred IPOs, private financing and mergers and acquisitions with an aggregate valuation in excess of $2 billion. In addition, he has served as the interim lead of the firm’s Risk Advisory Practice, leading internal audit, contract compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and testing. He is deeply involved in the firm’s Outsourced Accounting Services practice and the International Services Group. John previously worked as an Audit Partner for an international accounting and consulting firm.
- Where did you grow up?
- Freehold, NJ
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Playing basketball, working outdoors.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Helping entrepreneurs succeed.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Focus on core competencies, and let us and others take care of the back office.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- Solving business issues, because I like to think beyond accounting concepts and into real life business decision-making.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Professional basketball player
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Most anything by REM and Pearl Jam
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Engineering an Empire
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Statewide Parents Advocacy Network – the largest organization in NJ supporting families in need