Jay Weinstein is the Managing Partner of Markets and Industries with responsibility for executing business strategies for existing markets and segments, and identifying emerging opportunities. He is also Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s New Jersey office. With over 25 years of experience, Jay possesses significant expertise in the real estate and technology sectors, and in serving closely held businesses.
Previously, Jay was the Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s Philadelphia office. He maintains ties to the Philadelphia area, serving his long-time client base and staying involved in local organizations.
Jay was recently listed as one of the State of New Jersey’s most influential and respected accounting firm leaders in the ROI Influencers Power List 2019: Accountants. Additionally, he serves on the Board of Directors of the Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation. In addition, he is a member of the Board of Trustees of Albert Einstein Healthcare Network and is the Treasurer of Federation Housing, Inc. Jay serves on the Executive Committee of the Temple University Accounting Circle. He is a former Chairperson of the March for Babies for the Middlesex County, NJ chapter of the March of Dimes.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Never look up or down at anyone. Always look them in the eye.
- Where did you grow up?
- Olney section of Philadelphia
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Swimming and charity work
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Service to our clients, partners and staff
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Think long term.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Moving clients past small problems.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I like when things balance.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- Strategy, because I like to think strategically.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Any Todd Rudgren song
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Any football game
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- 1975 Capri, my first car