Jay Weinstein is the Vice Chair – Industries and Markets, and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Jay is responsible for executing business strategies for existing markets and segments, and identifying emerging opportunities. He also leads the firm’s innovation and technology initiatives.
With over 30 years of experience, Jay possesses significant expertise in the real estate and technology sectors, and in serving closely held businesses. Most recently, he was the Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s New Jersey offices.
Jay was named to the NJBIZ 2020 Accounting Power list of 50 leaders who are counted upon to provide sound guidance on every facet of an organization’s operations. He is one of the State of New Jersey’s most influential and respected accounting firm leaders in the ROI Influencers Power List 2019: Accountants. Jay serves on the Executive Committees of the Board of Directors of the Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation and the Temple University Accounting Circle. He also serves as Vice President of Federation Housing.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Never look up or down at anyone. Always look them in the eye.
- Where did you grow up?
- Olney section of Philadelphia
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Swimming and charity work
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Service to our clients, partners and staff
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Think long term.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Moving clients past small problems.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I like when things balance.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- Strategy, because I like to think strategically.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Any Todd Rudgren song
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Any football game
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- 1975 Capri, my first car