Hubert Klein is a Partner and Practice Leader for the Financial Advisory Services Group in the firm’s New Jersey location. With over 30 years of experience, Hubert is, frequently called upon as a technical resource in various litigation actions. He has consulted and provided services in matters including complex damages, business valuations, due diligence analysis, fraud and forensic investigations, lost profit calculations, shareholder disputes, insurance claims analysis, bankruptcy and matrimonial proceedings.
In addition, Hubert has served as an agreed-upon neutral expert and as an expert witness appointed by judges in the types of matters listed above; and to issue reports for the courts on these cases. He has been appointed by various courts to serve as a Receiver, Provisional Director, Special Fiscal Agent, and Court’s Independent Forensic Auditor in various civil litigation matters. He has experience in providing traditional accounting services, such as financial statement and tax return preparation, financial analysis, and consulting services for closely held businesses.
As a strong proponent of professional development, Hubert frequently speaks to both business and civic groups on topics such as business valuation, forensic accounting, commercial damages and fraud. He has presented to both regional and national organizations.
Hubert is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) where he served on the Forensic and Litigation Services Executive Committee, Fraud Task Force; Forensic, and the Valuation Conference Committee and received the Volunteer of the Year award. In addition, the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts recognized Hubert as Outstanding Member for extraordinary committee participation and service.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "Work hard and always listen before responding." – My Father
- "Success is failure turned inside out." – from the poem Don't Quit
- "Nothing is over until we decide it is." – from the movie Animal House
- Where did you grow up?
- Bergenfield, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Awesome 4 years of fun, learning and making friends for life.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I like to spend time with my family outdoors, either hiking, fishing, hunting or scuba diving.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Providing client service and helping clients with their cases.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Sometimes things are not always what you think they are. Let's not chase every lead without reason.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Helping parties negotiate and settle matters in complex financial cases.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- It was a natural progression once I obtained my B.S. in Accounting.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- My life, because I can then share common ground or experiences to help connect with them.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Marine biologist
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Naked and Afraid or any survival reality show. I like seeing what human beings can do when their minds are focused.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Autism Speaks. I have a family member with autism. Watching him grow and understanding the needs of those who have family members with autism has made me an advocate for research and treatment for those with the condition and for support for their families.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- Fresh out of college, I owned a 1986 Camaro Z28 with an 8 cylinder engine and 4 barrel carburetor and T-top. I paid for it myself with my first job. Car payment was more than my rent, but it was mine.