- Commercial Litigation
- Forensic Investigations
- Matrimonial Disputes
- Business Valuation
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Johnson & Wales University: BS, Accounting, magna cum laude; AS, Computer Systems Management
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Forensic & Litigation Services Executive Committee; Fraud Task Force; Forensic & Valuation Conference Committee; FVS Consulting Digest Editor
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants: Litigation & Valuation Services Committees; Forensic Services Interest Group
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants: Litigation & Valuation Services Committees; Forensic Services Interest Group
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts: National Instructor Team; State Chapter Committee
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Fairleigh Dickinson University: Master's Level Adjunct Professor (Forensic Accounting, Business Valuation & Litigation Support Programs)
Hubert Klein is a Partner in the Financial Advisory Services Group. With nearly 30 years of experience, Hubert is frequently called upon as a technical resource in various litigation actions. He has consulted and provided services in matters including complex damages, business valuations, due diligence analysis, fraud and forensic investigations, matrimonial proceedings, lost profit calculations, shareholder disputes, insurance claims analysis, succession planning, and estate and gift planning.
In addition, Hubert has served as an agreed-upon neutral expert and as an expert witness appointed by judges in the above types of matters and to issue reports for the courts on these cases. He has also been appointed by various courts to serve as a Receiver, Provisional Director, Special Fiscal Agent and Court’s Independent Forensic Auditor in various civil litigation matters. He has experience in providing traditional accounting services, such as financial statement and tax return preparation, financial analysis, and consulting services for closely held businesses.
As a strong proponent of professional development, Hubert frequently speaks to both business and civic groups on topics such as business valuation, forensic accounting, commercial damages and fraud. He has presented to both regional and national organizations, including the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) Annual Consultants’ Conference and Training Institute. Hubert was previously recognized as a NACVA State Chapter Committee Honoree for extraordinary committee participation.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "Work hard and always listen before responding." – My Father
- "Success is failure turned inside out." – from the poem Don't Quit
- "Nothing is over until we decide it is." – from the movie Animal House
- Where did you grow up?
- Bergenfield, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Awesome 4 years of fun, learning and making friends for life.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I like to spend time with my family outdoors, either hiking, fishing, hunting or scuba diving.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Providing client service and helping clients with their cases.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Sometimes things are not always what you think they are. Let's not chase every lead without reason.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Helping parties negotiate and settle matters in complex financial cases.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- It was a natural progression once I obtained my B.S. in Accounting.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- My life, because I can then share common ground or experiences to help connect with them.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Marine biologist
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Naked and Afraid or any survival reality show. I like seeing what human beings can do when their minds are focused.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Autism Speaks. I have a family member with autism. Watching him grow and understanding the needs of those who have family members with autism has made me an advocate for research and treatment for those with the condition and for support for their families.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- Fresh out of college, I owned a 1986 Camaro Z28 with an 8 cylinder engine and 4 barrel carburetor and T-top. I paid for it myself with my first job. Car payment was more than my rent, but it was mine.