Gary Bingel is the Partner-in-Charge of the National State and Local Tax Group. With over 25 years of experience, his expertise focuses on state and local income taxation, and sales and use tax consulting. Gary has significant experience serving clients in the manufacturing, retail, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, technology, and service industries.
Gary’s specific areas of service encompass income/franchise tax refund reviews; state tax analysis of restructurings; due diligence reviews; sales tax studies; and nexus reviews. In addition, he is experienced in exposure remediation/voluntary disclosure and amnesty agreements; credits and incentives negotiation and analysis; and ruling requests.
Prior to joining the firm, Gary was Partner and Managing Director in an advisory and consulting firm, where his clients ranged from start-up entities to Fortune 500 companies. His work centered on state income and franchise tax consulting, in addition to consulting on various sales and use tax issues. Gary also has significant experience in the area of state credits and incentives, including negotiations and site selection and serving as a State and Local Tax Manager for Big 5 and Big 4 accounting firms.
A frequent lecturer, Gary has presented on various state and local tax topics to professional organizations, including Tax Executives Institute and various CPA organizations. He also instructs various courses at the Income Tax School of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation.
- State & Local Income/Franchise Tax
- Sales & Use Tax
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Member of the Institute of Professionals in Taxation (CMI)
- Villanova University: BS, Accounting
- Villanova University College of Commerce & Finance: MBA
- Villanova University School of Law: JD, cum laude
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association