- Partner, EAG Gulf Coast, LLC
- Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
Freddy Smith is a Partner in the firm’s Audit and Assurance Services Group. With over 30 years of experience, Freddy primarily focuses on providing audit and accounting services to school boards, parish, and municipal governments, and state government entities. He also has substantial experience assisting government and non-profit agencies with advisory services for federal grant programs, including the recent and ongoing COVID-19 recovery programs. His meticulous approach and comprehensive understanding of governmental GAAP reporting requirements have consistently resulted in well-prepared and transparent financial statements. Through his guidance, government entities have gained valuable insights into their financial performance, internal controls, and compliance enabling them to make informed decisions and enhance accountability to their stakeholders.
Prior to joining the firm, Freddy was a Director at Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), a leading full-service accounting and business advisory firm. In this role, working as the head of the firm's Governmental Niche Team, he successfully enhanced the firm's specialization in governmental accounting, auditing, and regulatory compliance, leading to significant firm-wide expansion of governmental services. He also obtained the esteemed AICPA's Certificate of Educational Achievement in Governmental and Non-Profit Accounting and Auditing, further solidifying his expertise in this domain. His invaluable contributions also facilitated numerous clients in attaining the coveted GFOA's Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting.
Moreover, Freddy's dedication to expanding his knowledge and skill set is evident through his achievement of the esteemed Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation. This milestone not only broadened his personal perspective but also enriched the firm's understanding of global accounting and economic issues impacting state and local governments.
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- AICPA Advanced Single Audit Certificate
- University of Southern Mississippi: BS, Accounting
- Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants, Baton Rouge Chapter
- Governmental Finance Officers' Association
- Association of School Business Officials
- Coastal Conservation Association
- LCPA Baton Rouge Chapter's Governmental Accounting and Auditing Committee: Chairman
- Legislative Auditors GASB34 Local Implementation Subcommittee for Capital Assets: Chairman
- Istrouma Baptist Sports League: Flag Football Coach
- Trinity Episcopal Church: Treasurer; Vestry Member
- Louisiana Governor's Prayer Breakfast: Steering Committee Member; Executive Committee Member; Treasurer