- Real Estate
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP)
- Drexel University: BS, Business Administration
- Temple University: MBA
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Pennsylvania School for the Deaf: Board of Trustees
- Designing Futures Foundation & Charter High School for Architecture & Design: Board of Directors
Edward Opall is a Partner and member of the firm’s Real Estate and Construction Services Group. Ed has nearly 30 years of experience as a financial professional, specializing in the real estate development and construction industries. While Ed’s practice is primarily financial statement audit and attestation services, he advises numerous clients on income tax matters and operational consulting matters in these industries.
His past experience includes serving as a Chief Financial Officer for a large, Philadelphia-based construction management firm and a commercial real estate investor and operator. Ed has deep financial and operational experience in both construction and real estate development industries and provides significant insight to his clients. Additionally, he served as President on the Board of Directors for the Victims Services Center of Montgomery County.
Ed frequently presents and writes on real estate and construction industry topics for various professional organizations and publications.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- I try to live by The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, a seminal book by Steven Covey.
- Where did you grow up?
- Uniontown, PA
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I am a biker, and participate in organized rides for charity, bike clubs, and also just for fun with friends. I'm proud to have completed several century rides (100 miles) over the last few years.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I like the collaboration with clients, outside professionals, and colleagues, so we can resolve issues and get the work done.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Victims Service Center of Montgomery County – I was on the board there for 11 years and believe the staff are doing great work helping crime victims and their families.