- Partner, EAG Gulf Coast, LLC
- Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
Don McLean is a Partner in the firm’s Audit and Assurance Services Group and has nearly 25 years of experience in public accounting. Don's professional experience includes performing and supervising audits for clients in a variety of activities, including non-profit, construction contractors, and other commercial entities; however, Don's focus is on governmental entities.
Don's governmental engagements include school boards, parishes, cities, retirement systems, special districts, and state agencies. In addition, Don has extensive experience in auditing compliance of federal assistance programs according to requirements of the Single Audit Act and Uniform Guidance. Don also advises on governmental consulting engagements on federal grant requirements and compliance with the Uniform Guidance.
Prior to joining the firm, Don was a Director at Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), a leading full-service accounting and business advisory firm. Before this, Don worked for a local CPA firm for 15 years and worked for the State of Louisiana for seven years.
Furthermore, Don serves as instructor on both internal and external training on new or upcoming Statements of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board and Uniform Guidance compliance requirements.
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- AICPA Advanced Single Audit Certificate
- Louisiana State University: BS, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Louisiana Industries for the Disabled, Inc (d.b.a. UpLIFTD): Board Treasurer
- Boy Scouts of America - Troop 490: Treasurer