- Partner, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
- Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
Diane Wasser is the Partner-in-Charge of New Jersey and Managing Partner of Regions at Eisner Advisory Group, as well as a member of the Eisner Advisory Group Executive Committee. She is responsible for New Jersey office stewardship and growth, client service initiatives, talent maximization, and day-to-day operations and administration, as well as the fostering of a consistent firm culture amongst all the firm’s offices.
Diane has over 30 years of experience in public accounting, particularly focusing on audits of employee benefit plans. Diane founded the Pension Services Group within EisnerAmper in the early 1990s and has been responsible for building that practice to now serve over 450 clients annually and be seen as a recognized leader in the industry.
An active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Diane previously served on the Employee Benefit Plan Expert Panel, Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center Executive Committee, and numerous AICPA Task Forces. Diane has also worked with the AICPA in the production of employee benefit plan auditing self-study courses.
Diane is a member of the Audit Committee of the New Jersey State Chamber of Commerce. She is recognized as one of New Jersey’s most influential and respected accounting firm leaders as evidenced by numerous accolades, including ROI Influencers Women in Business, Top 40, ROI Influencers in Accounting, NJBiz Accounting Power List, Executive Women of New Jersey’s Women of -Professional Distinction Honoree, and NJBiz New Jersey’s Best 50 Women in Business.
Diane is a well-seasoned instructor at AICPA and NJSCPA national conferences and conference calls on specific audit topics. Diane provides commentary via television, radio, and print media on the New Jersey business climate, saving for retirement and employee benefit plan issues.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "Control your circumstances."… It's my own personal quote.
- Where did you grow up?
- Haddonfield, New Jersey. I am an only child, which, I am sure to some, explains a lot!
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Filled with education that extended way beyond academics to life, self awareness, an appreciation of balance and how to have a truly great time.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- With my family. I absolutely love my husband, son and daughter. We have family dinners which we cherish very much. We also enjoy traveling.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I am truly passionate about the practice I founded within the firm, the Pension Services Group. I enjoy the work, the important role we, as auditors, play in the retirement plan system, and I love to see others in the firm replicating that passion. It truly sets EisnerAmper apart.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- A 1997 Honda Prelude. It was red and had headlights that flipped up, and I thought that was so cool! It also was the first big investment I made on my own so I was extremely proud.