David D. Brauer
David Brauer is a Tax Partner with over 25 years of experience in public accounting. David’s expertise includes a wide variety of business entities ranging from publicly traded corporations to closely held family businesses, ensuring their tax needs are fulfilled for both compliance requirements and planning prospects.
Prior to joining the firm, David was a Tax Partner at Lurie LLP, a Minneapolis-based accounting and advisory firm, which provided clients with solutions in accounting, audit, tax planning and wealth management, serving business leaders in a wide variety of industries including health care, professional services, technology, manufacturing, real estate and more.
David began his career at a small firm where he thrived on the constant change of tax laws, and the chance to anticipate and identify potential problems and develop creative solutions for the firm's tax team and clients.
David is passionate about developing new talent in the tax department, finding the right people, and creating a group that collaborates well to best serve clients.
As an active alumnus, David teaches at St. Mary’s University and the University of Minnesota.
- Corporate Tax Services
- Closely Held Business & Families
- Public Companies
Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Clemson University: BS, Accounting
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management: MBT, Taxation
- University of Wisconsin: MACC, Taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants